Re: [ferret_users] [Ferret_Users] SAMPLEIJ of an array of size[680,380]

Hi Zhen,
          Yes, SAMPLEIJ needs same length for the ipts and jpts. The
resulting variable from this external function will have only one
abstract axis which corresponds to the length of ipts(=jpts) instead
of X and Y (Z and T will be inherited from the original variable).

  From the values given for ipts (=2,4,6,....,680) & jpts (=2,4,6,..
..,380) it seems that you are trying to regrid the density variable
to a coarser grid (without any averaging) which does have alternate
positions as grid points. For doing this there are proper methods like
--> defining a coarser destination grid, regrid the variable onto
that grid using @XACT regridding. If you can explain what exactly
you want to do, I can offer you a better help.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jaison