Re: [ferret_users] Ferret not working

Hi,
      As far as I know, Ferret binaries are not available for Xandros
Linux. So you are left with two options :

  1. Install the "statically linked" version of Ferret (only one version
         is available, 5.81). But this will have only the basic options/
         features : the external functions capability will not be
         available. Please have a look at
         http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/linux_static_downloads.html

  2. Build ferret from scratch. You have to send a mail to
         oar.pmel.contact_ferret@noaa.gov requesting for the source code. Once
         if you get the source code, you have to follow the instructions given
         with it to build Ferret. As you guessed, this may not be an easy task.

Regards,

Jaison