Re: [ferret_users] make_des and dncdump

Hi David,
We do not distribute dncdump with Ferret. It loks as though whoever installed it on your system put it in a directory named ferret, but it is not part of the Ferret distribution. You might ask your sysadmin to look into this.

Ansley

David Wang wrote:

Hello Ferreters,

I used to use make_des to create FERRET descriptors from multiple remote netcdf files on dods servers, but today I found it didn't work anymore, or more accurately to say, dncdump that make_des calls and came along with FERRET failed to work. I then found that it was trying to find a library file which doesn't exist (see below) for reasons I don't know. It might be caused by system updates of my fedora core. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do or ask my sys admin to do to bring it back to work? My netcdf is version 3.6.0-p1.

Thanks very much,
- d.

[david@bogus ~]$ which dncdump
/home/david/ferret/bin/dncdump

[david@bogus ~]$ dncdump
dncdump: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[david@bogus ~]$ whereis libssl.so.4
libssl.so: /lib/libssl.so.5 /usr/lib/libssl.so