Re: [ferret_users] argo data

Hi Sriram and Ferret users,

| I need to extract argo data that comes through e-mails. These files
| contain a set of profiles from different floats. Can any body help
| me with a frotran program to extract the data? The problem is the
| data format is different for individual floats.

Colleagues here at the APDRC/IPRC, U of Hawaii, archive and maintain
Argo data:

  http://apdrc.soest.hawaii.edu/w_data/ocean3.htm

which are open to public.  Apparently, you can download individual
profile data in a unified format.  I think this is one big benefit
of having a data center like ours; it frees each user from having
to worry about data formats and other such details.

I got this info from Hiroshi Yoshinari, one of the colleagues
who maintain the archive.

Hope this helps,
Ryo