Re: [ferret_users] saving detranded data using time stamp

Hi Jagadish,
I think that the problem here is that TAD3REF_SQ_DET[L=@SUM] already has a time associated with it; the time range of the variable TAD3REF_SQ_DET.  If you make your timestamp axis fall within the time range of your original dataset's grid, then it might work better.

In a question like this, it would be helpful if you could make a simple example that either defines all of the variables needed to show the problem or uses a dataset that's available with Ferret or as a DODS file.  Reading your question we can't know what grid the variables you are using has, and it's hard for me or any of our other helpful users to test what might be happening and offer suggestions. I think this is why nobody answered you before.

Ansley

jagadish karmacharya wrote:
Dear Ferret Users,

I want to save detraned temperature standadrd deviation from a couple of files into a new file using time stamp option.I tried the following:

use CM3_REF_TA.nc"; let P = T[GT=TA]; let Q = TA
set grid p; go regresst
let TA_Det_Ano = Q-QHAT
let TA_Det_Ano_SQ = TAD3REF_DET^2
let TA_Det_SD = (TAD3REF_SQ_DET[L=@SUM]/29)^0.5
DEFINE AXIS/T=1:20:1  tstamp; DEFINE GRID/T=tstamp  gstamp
LET  timestamp = T[G=gstamp] * 0
let TA_Det_SD_ts=TA_Det_SD+timestamp
save/file=TA_DT_SD.nc  TA_Det_SD_ts[l=1]
**ERROR: inconsistent sizes of data regions: can't label T axis of Q

Also save/file=TA_SD_DT.nc  TA_Det_SD

works fine without time stamp.I can proceed by defining seperate variable for each file and saving them but its convinent to save in single variable name using time stamp.How can I solve the problem?

Thanking in advance!
Jagadish