Re: [ferret_users] fill between the line

Hi Jagadish,
Are your variables TA_Mean, TA_Max functions of time?  The plot_swath and fill_between scripts are a little tricky - they look to find an axis that they can define new variables on. Fill_between.jnl is a newer version of plot_swath.jnl, so they do many of the same things.

If you issue the command SET MODE VERIFY:ALWAYS before calling plot_swath.jnl, you can see the commands from plot_swath as they run and perhaps tell what is going on.

Ansley

jagadish karmacharya wrote:
Dear Ferret Users,

I want to fill between two line. I tried the following:

use file1.nc , file2.nc , file3.nc , file4.nc
let TAMA=ta[x=80:85@ave,y=20:25@ave]
let TA_Mean=(tama[d=1]+tama[d=2]+tama[d=3]+tama[d=4])/4
let TA_Max= if max(tama[d=1],tama[d=2]) gt max(tama[d=3],tama[d=4]) then max(tama[d=1],tama[d=2]) else max(tama[d=3],tama[d=4])
plot TA_Mean, TA_Max
go plot_swath poly/over/pal=gray/nolab TA_Mean, TA_Max

but this gives the error ----
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
 *** NOTE: error: data is not a line

 If I try the same for a single grid point instead of average over a region, then there is no problem. I got the same result with the fill_between script.How can I solve it?

Many Thanks!
Jagadish