Re: [ferret_users] Old AIX problem

Hi Gary,

| I just upgraded ferret on an AIX machine from 5.22 to 5.41 (the
| latest available) and noticed the old
|
| "gksm2ps: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected"

It's most likely that the binary executable "gksm2ps" isn't
compatible with your operating system.  It's not recognized
as a binary executable and so is passed to /bin/sh or something
as if it were a shell script.

On my Linux machine, for instance,

    $ /bin/sh /bin/ls

    /bin/ls: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

    $ file /bin/ls

    /bin/ls: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
    version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically
    linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, stripped

Ryo
I'm not sure, but you might what to try

    $ file /usr/local/bin/gksm2ps

(Replace the above with the correct path)
to see whether the binary executable is recognized as
such.