Re: [ferret_users] How to do the regression in Ferret?

Hi -
There is an FAQ about the regression script which gives an example of using the regresst.jnl script.  See if it helps you.

Computing least squares, regressions, detrending data  at http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/regressions.html

Ansley

郑伟鹏 wrote:
Dear all,

I calculate two variables P and Q in ferret, each has a time length of 200 points. Then I use plot/vs p,q to get the scatter plot which is like in the attachment.

I now want to calculate the slope, intercep of these scatter points and plot a line over the pattern. How can I make it? I don't know how to use the regression scripts in Ferret.

Thanks!

Weipeng

郑伟鹏

中国科学院大气物理研究所(IAP)