Re: [ferret_users] Tidal Ellipse?

Hi -
I just ran across this message. I don't know whether it refers to the same exact thing, but if not it may give you a starting point for what you want to do.

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00315.html

Ansley

Hau-Cheng Yu wrote:

Dear all ferreter,

Have you try to plot tidal ellipse with ferret on your own application?
I have search the archieve list and go scripts, there seems no any easy script for use.

What I hope is just like VECTOR command, define major, minor, and rotated angle as 2D variables.
Then just use
ellipse major,minor,angle

to produce 2D tidal ellipse figure, even with rotated direction (add arrow on ellipse) as an option.

If you have any suggestions, alternatives or comments, I will be very appreciated.