[ferret_users] Listing gridded data to triplets

Title: Listing gridded data to triplets

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Accessibility Statement Hi,

I’m sure this question has arisen before, but I haven’t found the answer in the archive. I am using Ferret to analyze some data that is read in from gridded netCDF files with the resulting grid being (I,J,T). How can I get Ferret to list the results to a text file with each line containing the indices for time, I and J followed by the value? Each line would only contain data from one grid cell and time, first incrementing by the locations, and then incrementing by the times. Essentially, it would be something like the following for a 2x2 grid:

    t1   i1   j1   value(i1,j1,t1)
    t1   i1   j2   value(i1,j2,t1)
    t1   i2   j1   value(i2,j1,t1)
    t1   i2   j2   value(i2,j2,t1)
    t2   i1   j1   value(i1,j1,t2)
    etc.

The ordering of the I and J isn’t important, as long as it is predictable. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Bill

William I. Gustafson Jr.
Atmospheric Science and Global Change Division
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
3200 Q Ave., MSIN K9-30
Richland, WA 99352
(509)372-6110