Re: [ferret_users] problem with description files and packed data

Hi Sophie and Jaison,
Yes, this bug does exist in version 5.81 of Ferret, and it will be fixed in the next release. We're preparing that release now, and it will (at last!) be available by the end of April.

Ansley

Jaison Kurian wrote:

Hi,
     This is a known problem with Ferret version 5.8 (& with 5.81 also,
i think). With previous versions of Ferret (like 5, 5.53 & 5.7) there
is no problem like this. I expect that developers will fix this problem
with descriptor files in the next release.

  For a detailed discussion about this problem, please have a look at the
following mail and other mails in that chain:

  http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00818.html

Regards,

Jaison