Re: [ferret_users] Overlaying basemap with "fill"-ed field

I often do this by simply overlaying the field on shaded topography:

eg
shade /nolab/nokey /pal=Psealand/LEVEL= "(-5000,5000,5000)" topo
shade/nolab/over your_field

where "topo" could eg be the field rose from etopo60

with
Psealand.spk:
-------------------
RGB_Mapping By_level

! Level    Red  Green   Blue
      1   40.0    70.0  100.0
      2   40.0   100.0  30.0

cheers

Lev Tarasov -   Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (519)-821-3555  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev.tarasoff@utoronto.ca
		http://www.atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca/people/lev/lev.html