Re: [ferret_users] limit on number of grids has been reached

Hi Sang-ki,
This error message indicates that something more is going on besides the limit on coordinate storage. Something unexpected is happening where Ferret keeps track of all the various axes that have been defined by files or commands like DEFINE AXIS. I'll write you outside the Users List to see if we can track down what's happening. We always want to hear about an error that says something like "tm intern err".

Ansley

Sang-ki Lee wrote:

Hi. I get the following error message:

limit on number of grids has been reached
 *** NOTE: tm intern err: netCDF grid w/ static axis

This problem is discussed in the ferret FAQ, and the fix is to
modify the netcdf file. But, I don't want to do this each time I
have a new netcdf file.

In my case, the error message comes out only when I rerun my
ferret script several times. After that, the ferret hangs and I
have to push control Z then kill the ferret program each time.

In the beginning of my script, I cancel everything:
cancel mode verify
cancel axis/all
cancel grid
cancel memory/ALL
cancel data_set/all
cancel variable/all
cancel mode metafile

From ferret FAQ, I understand that ferret can handle as manay as
250000 coordinate points. I am sure that I use less then 2500000
coordinate points. But, it appears that this coordinates accumulate
everytime I repeat my script. Is there anyway to cancel those
coordinates points, without restarting the ferret?

Thank you.

Sang-ki