[ferret_users] limit on number of grids has been reached

Hi. I get the following error message:

limit on number of grids has been reached
 *** NOTE: tm intern err: netCDF grid w/ static axis

This problem is discussed in the ferret FAQ, and the fix is to
modify the netcdf file. But, I don't want to do this each time I
have a new netcdf file.

In my case, the error message comes out only when I rerun my
ferret script several times. After that, the ferret hangs and I
have to push control Z then kill the ferret program each time.

In the beginning of my script, I cancel everything:
cancel mode verify
cancel axis/all
cancel grid
cancel memory/ALL
cancel data_set/all
cancel variable/all
cancel mode metafile

From ferret FAQ, I understand that ferret can handle as manay as
250000 coordinate points. I am sure that I use less then 2500000
coordinate points. But, it appears that this coordinates accumulate
everytime I repeat my script. Is there anyway to cancel those
coordinates points, without restarting the ferret?

Thank you.

Sang-ki
Dr. Sang-ki Lee
RSMAS/CIMAS