Re: [ferret_users] Ferret and variable thickness of bottom layer ofmodel data

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, James Caveen wrote:

> Is there a way (does not have to be easy or elegant) that we can perform
> vertical integrations of a variable on a model domain while taking into
> account a varying bottom layer thickness for each column?  Is there a
> way that we can do cross-section graphics where the zedges of the botom
> layer are different for each data point?

Hi James,

Here is a quick answer that I hope is helpful...  Toward the first
question, see my recent post regarding a similar problem:

   http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00898.html

Toward the second question, you could SHADE the full cells, and then
overlay a mask (say, your partial-cell topography in black) using POLYGON.

Andrew