Re: [ferret_users] descriptor files on IRIX

Hi Albert,

I think I've run into this before under Irix, but unfortunately I don't
remember how I got it resolved.  Some things to look for...

1) Do *any* NetCDF files work with descriptors for you under Irix?

2) Does running a newer Ferret executable help?

3) Anything strange about your NetCDF files?  Like unusual variable types
(packed data) or strange variable/dimension names?

4) Anything strange about your descriptor file?  Do the start/end time
coordinates match what you see with "ncdump -c file.nc"?

5) If you read the file into Irix Ferret and write out the data using
SAVE, can you link those new files together with a descriptor?

Andrew