Re: [ferret_users] Units for Hertz (Hz)

Hi Hein,
The messages you're seeing from Ferret are not an error, just a "Note" to let you know that Ferret doesn't do any internal conversions with Hertz. Ferret will store the units of Hertz, use them to label your plots, and write the units to output files, but it does not do any internal conversions using them as it does for units of time and distance on coordinate axes.

Ansley

Hein Zelle wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

does anyone know what units I should use for frequency (Hertz/Hz) in
netcdf files that Ferret will not complain about? I have tried both Hz
and Hertz, with and without capitals, to no avail. Udunits
documentation seems to suggest that Hertz should work, but it doesn't.

*** NOTE: Units on axis "frequency" are not recognized: hertz
*** NOTE: They will not be convertible:

Ferret 5.80, Debian testing. Udunits is installed in /usr/local,
although I believe Ferret uses a statically linked udunits?

Regards,

Hein Zelle

--

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.

Hein Zelle hein@icce.rug.nl
http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein