Re: [ferret_users] Re: [Ferret_users] : increase font size on ticklabels

The question of line thickness for postscript/pdf is completely separate than for gif output. The standard thicknesses are usually right for gif plot axes/labels, though you might want to use the thicker lines for plot curves (PLOT/LINE=7). However, for publication and printing postscript/pdf, these lines are not usually thick enough. It is quite straightforward to make simple edits in the postscript out of Fprint, most particularly to increase the line weights. I have posted information on this in the past; try searching the archives for "line weight postscript" (search "all of the words") to find instructions on how to do this, including a (unix) script that makes the change automatically. It is possible to produce any line thickness, even beyond pen widths 13-18.

Billy K