[ferret_users] Units for Hertz (Hz)

Dear Ferret users,

does anyone know what units I should use for frequency (Hertz/Hz) in
netcdf files that Ferret will not complain about? I have tried both Hz
and Hertz, with and without capitals, to no avail. Udunits
documentation seems to suggest that Hertz should work, but it doesn't.

 *** NOTE: Units on axis "frequency" are not recognized: hertz
 *** NOTE: They will not be convertible:

Ferret 5.80, Debian testing. Udunits is installed in /usr/local,
although I believe Ferret uses a statically linked udunits?

Regards,

	Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@icce.rug.nl
	                        http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein