Re: [ferret_users] anomaly and climatology

Just one more addition to this discussion. There is a write-up about creating anomoly time series in the FAQ, "How do I calculate climatologies and climatological anomalies?" at http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/climatologies.html

Ansley

DELCLAUX Francois wrote:

Hi Ferret users,

I have a grid(x,y) monthly time-series data of an anomaly variable, say : pa (n values)
I have a grid(x,y) monthly climatological variable, say pc (12 values)

Now I would like to build a time series data of the real variable p, on the same time-axis as pa
such as : (in the following, the index corresponds to L index according to ferret definition)

p(1) = pa(1) + pc(1)
p(2) = pa(2) + pc(2)
p(12) = pa(12) + pc(12)
p(13) = pa(13) + pc(1)
p(14) = pa(14) + pc(2)
p(n) = pa(n) + pc(12)

What is the best way for doing that operation ?

Thanks a lot for answers.

Sincerely yours.