Re: [ferret_users] def view/axes

Hi Prasad and Jaison,
Yes, this bug was reported a few months ago. We have a fix for it which will be in the next Ferret release. Thanks Jaison for finding a way to work around it until that release is ready.

Ansley

Jaison Kurian wrote:

Hi,
One more point to add to Prasad's description: if we remove "/AXES" qualifier to the "define viewport" command (the old style defenition), the
problem disappears.

In summary : When the following three commands/options are present in the
jnl script, Ferret gives segmentation fault with repeated
execution. (removing any one of them will keep the script
going).

1. /AXES to define viewport command
2. go portrait (or just set window/aspect=1.3)
3. set mode metafile

Fix : The easy fix is to add "cancel mode meta" towards the end of
the script since we often need to use /AXES and portrait
options.

Regards,

Jaison