[ferret_users]

Dear Ansley,

Thanks for the reply. Please see the details I have about Ferret and the
operating system.

[cshaji@maud ~]$ Fenv
FER_DIR=/home/ferret

[cshaji@maud ~]$ uname -a
Linux maud.cims.nyu.edu 2.4.20-28.8smp #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 12:25:21 EST 2003
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I am not getting the environment variable called FER_PALETTE by issuing
the above command. Is this an issue related with setting the correct path?
 In my .cshrc file, I have set the path as shown below.

# Define Paths.
set path=($path /home/ferret/bin /usr/local/pkg/grads/bin)

setenv FER_DIR /home/ferret

Please suggest me do I need to set path for more environment variables and
if so which are those to get the Ferret running correctly for me.

Thanks in advance,

C. Shaji.

About your question, there should be an environment variable called
FER_PALETTE which points to the directory where these files are.  Type
the Unix command

 > Fenv

and you should see a list of all of the environment variables that
Ferret uses, including FER_PALETTE. These variables should have been set
up when Ferret was installed on your system.  The installation guide for
the operating system you have will give you more information; you can
find this by following the appropriate link on the Downloads web page at

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/ferret_downloads.html

If you can't solve it, please write back and tell us what operating
system you have, and we'll see what we can do to help.

Ansley

--
Dr.C.Shaji
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences (CIMS)