Re: [ferret_users] coordinate variable as a variable

hi Bob,
	if you want only the variable lat to be used in ferret,
it may not be required to use another file. You can create a variable
called lat in ferret:
let lat = y[gy=variable_in_the_file]

where lat will be of 1D containing the y-coordinate
variable values of the variable_in_the_file.

If you want a 2D lat, which has the same value along x (and other
dimensions of the file variable), you may use:

let lat2d = variable_in_the_file*0 + lat

Hope this helps.

arindam
 ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY
 Department of Meteorology