[ferret_users] coordinate variable as a variable

Hello

I have a netCDF file with a coordinate variable, latitude, that I'd
like to use in ferret.

I create the file using:

	ncks -v lat file_in.nc -o lat_file.nc

and ncdump -h shows latitude listed as a variable.  However,
if I use lat_file.nc in ferret, and show data, latitude
doesn't show up.  I am guessing that it is being treated differently
because it is a coordinate variable.   Is there a work around for
this?

Thanks

Bob

Robert A. Tomas
Climate and Global Dynamics Division - Paleoclimatology
1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO 80305-3000
e-mail: tomas@ucar.edu  tel: 303-497-1342  fax:  303-497-1348