Re: [ferret_users] shade with time as X axis

Hi Matthias,
There is an FAQ about creating a time axis from variables. Take a look and write back if you still have questions -

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/axes_and_data/time_axis_from_variables.html

Ansley

Matthias Piot wrote:

Dear ferreters,
I would like to use the "shade" command to plot a parameter A: A[k=1:150] over time, where K is actually the number of height layers and L the time steps. I do not have the time as a variable in my data file but day[k=1]+hr[k=1]/24+min[k=1]/1440 (stored in layer 1 of the file)

name title I J K L
DAY day 1:1 1:1 1:1 1:385
HR hour 1:1 1:1 1:1 1:385
MIN minute 1:1 1:1 1:1 1:385
NO NO 1:1 1:1 1:150 1:385
NO2 NO2 1:1 1:1 1:150 1:385

I did not succeed with "define grid/regions" or "samplet_date".

Let me know if you have an answer to that.

Many thanks for yours help

Regards,
Matthias.