[ferret_users] how to compute average error

Hello Ferret Users,

I am using ferret v5.8 on Suse Linux.

I have 1-d monthly data defined on time axis.

name  title  I    J   K     L
co2         ...  ..  ..  1:119641

I have grided this monthly data on 1x1 degree
(lat,lon) grid and it looks something like

name  title  I       J      K     L
co2         1:360  1:180   ...    ...

I want to calculate the average error for
each grid box. Finally I will combine all the
invidual error estimates for a grid box over
the averaging period using the spacified
spatial and time correlations.

Part of griding script is as follows

#######################
!counting number of observations in each 1x1
!grid box

let obs_count =
scatgrid_nobs_xy(lon_1D,lat_1D,x[gx=gcom],y[gy=gcom])

!griding co2 on 1x1 grid box

let co2 = IF obs_count GE 10 THEN\

scat2gridgauss_xy(lon_1D,lat_1D,co2_1D,\

x[gx=gcom],y[gy=gcom],($radius),($radius),($cutoff),($cutoff))\
                     ELSE 1e35

save/file=grided_co2_data.nc/append  co2
###########################

Can any one suggest that how to calculate the
average error.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,
Yogesh

Yogesh K. Tiwari,
Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry,
Hans-Knoell Strasse 10,
D-07745 Jena,
Germany

Office   : 0049 3641 576 376