[ferret_users] can't plot over another plot

I'm using ferret v5.60 on linux(g77) 2.4.20

I'm trying to plot a vector plot over top of a contour plot. Both the contour plot and the vector plot work fine on their own, but if I try:

contour/fill depth
vector/over/d=1/k=2 u[t=@AVE],v[t=@AVE]

then the vector plot doesn't show up. Reversing the order I only get the first thing I plot. Making up artificial variables using the grid from depth, it DOES work just fine. In fact I've done these sorts of plots before with the very same data file and it DID work. Something is unstable.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Scott
Research Associate