[ferret_users] interpolation

Hey all,

Here I have a question that may not very relevant, but not irrelevant...

I used Levitus climatology as the initial hydrographic fields for a z-coordinates model. My preprocessings include interpolating Levitus onto the model grid which generally is denser than Levitus' in the upper ocean and intact in depths. This was done in ferret using simple implicit linear interpolation associated with regridding, something like

let tmp = theta[GX=newlon,GY=newlat];
let newtheta = tmp[GZ=newdepth];

I recently found that in Levitus dataset cell edges reside at the middle points between two adjacent grid points on z coordinates, not the opposite (i.e., grid points sit at the midpoints between two edges). I don't know if Ferret treats the two coordinates arrangements differently concerning regridding interpolation, or does it matter or not. Furthermore is there better (or best, more accurate) way to do this kind of interpolation?

Thanks, David

PS:

yes? list/nohead/format=(4F8.2) z[g=theta],zbox[g=theta],zboxlo[g=theta],zboxhi[g=theta]
0.00 10.00 -5.00 5.00
10.00 10.00 5.00 15.00
20.00 10.00 15.00 25.00
30.00 15.00 25.00 40.00