Re: [ferret_users] limit of numbers of viewports

Hi Takaya,
I'm not sure what to suggest.We could increase the number of viewports allowed in a future version of Ferret, but 200 already seems like a lot to view on one page.

One can make multiple axes within a viewport, but it is not as simple as adding viewports.  Perhaps you might set the script to see when there are more than 200 viewports requseted, and draw only the first 200 of them.  Issue a note from the script that a second plot will be needed to view the remaining months.

Does anyone have more suggestions?

Ansley

Namba Takaya wrote:
Dear Ansley

Thank you for your help.

I try to draw monthly sst for 20 years.
So 12 x 20 = 240 imagis in one figure.

Best Regards,

Takaya

--- Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@noaa.gov> からのメッセ
ージ:

Hi -
Yes, there is an upper limit on the number of
viewports you can use at
one time. I am curious to know what your plots look
like with that many
viewports? Can you do some of the graphics as
overlays within a single
viewport rather than seperate viewports?

Ansley

Namba Takaya wrote:

Dear users

When I try to make more than 200 viewports,I faced

the

problem.

**ERROR: a program limit has been reached:

redefine or

cancel an existing viewport.

It looks like the limitation of viewport numbers.
If there is a limit for the number of viewports,

are there

any ideas to put more than 200 graphics in one

postscript

file.

Takaya Namba

STOP HIV/AIDS.