[ferret_users] Filling in the blanks with interpolation

Greetings

I have a netcdf file of SSH over a geographic region. When I plot it, I see some "holes" (missing_values) which I want to fill in with values interpolated from surrounding points. Can I do this in Ferret? If yes, I'd be grateful for pointers.

The following ascii picture illustrates the domain.
"m" are the missing_value points that I want to fill in with interpolated/extrapolated values.
"o" are missing_value points I'll leave alone.
"-" are points with data values.
(I have another netcdf file with the "m" points with legitimate data; this netcdf file is identical in dimensions to the 1st file. I'm guessing the answer has to do with making use of this 2nd file to produce masks...)

oooooooooom-----------m----
ooooooom-----------mmm-----
oooooommm----------------oo
ooooooooooo----------oooooo