[ferret_users] sigma coordinate slice.

I wish to plot a vertical slice of temperature. The following command works:
shade/l=500/k=1:18/y=100 temp
...but it plots on a sigma coordinate axis (from 0 down to -1).
So, I try to get it to plot on a depth axis using:
DEFINE AXIS/Z=0:2000:10/UNIT=meters/DEPTH zdepth
LET temp1 = ZAXREPLACE(temp,h,z[gz=zdepth])
shade/L=500/y=100/z=0:2000 temp1
...but this gives me an error message (illegal limits: Z limits of data and depth fields must match).
In my case, "h" is the bathymetry variable. I dont know the exact maximum value of h, but it's over 2000.

Can someone please point out the error of my ways? Oh yes, in case it helps:
yes? show axis zdepth
name axis # pts start end
ZDEPTH DEPTH (m) 201 r- 0 2000
Axis span (to cell edges) = 2010

I'm not sure how to work out the corresponding limits of variable temp1.

Thanks

John