Re: [ferret_users] fill up NaNs

If you change the NaN to -99.99 or other values inside matlab, then from ferret, you can do the following:

file/var=xin/grid=your-grid/format=your-fmt file.name
let/bad=-99.99 vars=xin
This will mask out the void data.
Good luck!
Muyin

David Wang wrote:
Hello ferreters,

I know it may be demanding, but if I have a dataset including patches of NaNs (more precisely, missing value flag. for example, a SST dataset whose domain envelopes several islands), how can I in ferret replace them with the values of their neighboring grid points in the sense that these patches of NaNs can be "smoothed out"?

Thanks,
D.W.