Re: [ferret_users] OPeNDAP/JGOFS

Hi again,
I answered too quickly before -- Note this entry in the Ferret Users
Guide, in the section under DODS , accessing remote data:

    "For the time being, NetCDF and HDF files can be read via DODS by
    Ferret. As DODS (OPeNDAP) NetCDF libraries become available, other
    data types will be made available."

So, Ferret can't be used to access remote ASCII data at this time. If
the dataset is not too large, you could save it to your local system and
then the command that you've used will open the ascii file.

Ansley