Re: [ferret_users] Conjunction of variable with longitude/latitud e information

Hi Jammal:
   I am aware of two ways to go about this.  First you can use the @ASN
transformation and/
or second you can use the RESHAPE function.  These work for regular
grids.  Suppose you
have global sst on 0.5 degree resolution...

For @ASN:

define axis/x=0:360:0.5/units=degrees/edges lon
define axis/y=90s:90n:0.5/units=degrees/edges lat
define grid/x=lon/y=lat xygrid
show grid xygrid
let new_sst = sst[gxy=xygrid@ASN]

For RESHAPE:

define axis/x=0:360:0.5/units=degrees/edges lon
define axis/y=90s:90n:0.5/units=degrees/edges lat
define grid/x=lon/y=lat xygrid
show grid xygrid
let dummy = x[gxy=xygrid] + y[gxy=xygrid]
let new_sst = RESHAPE(sst,dummy)

Remember that /edges defines the bounds of your axes and the coordinates
are computed
at the midpoints between these bounds.

Hope this will steer you in the right direction.

Steve

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:43:57 +0100 (BST) jammal Tanclei wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have three variables in one netcdf file; SST, longitude, latitude
> respectively.
> Of course, in SST variable, there is no lon, lat information, instead
> just with index of i and,j.
> How can I generate new SST variable conjuncted with longitude and
> latitude information?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> JMZ.

>  Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now.

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies