[ferret_users] Plotting Satellite Wind Vectors

Hello Ferreters:
   I have been trying to plot QuikSCAT wind vectors from a file of
lat,lon,u,v.  They are of
course on an irregular grid and thus I have been trying to use the
plot_vectors.jnl script.
However, when I plot my vectors I seem to be unable to alter the
"thickness" of the plot
and skip every 10th vector.  In addition, the length of the vectors are
much too large and I
am unaware of how to alter their size.  As you can see from the attached
image, the
vectors are very messy and oriented wrong.  I used:

yes? go plot_vectors u v lon lat 10 fill

  Has anyone had success with plotting irregular satellite winds with
FERRET?  I am aware
of a script or two associated with the FAST deposit, but wondered if
anyone has had luck
with these scripts.

Thanks for any responses,
Steve
Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies