Re: Fwd: Re: [ferret_users] CF compliant netcdf file

Ben Burford wrote:

I studied the NCO User's Guide and the (10) Ferret archive messages pertaini
ng to CF. I found various routines for renaming, combining, concatenating, etc. but no functions for adding something new into a file. If anyone knows
what NCO function can be used to insert a global statement "Conventions=CF 1.0" please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. If you can show me the right syntax, that would be even better.

ncatted -O -h -a Conventions,global,c,c,"CF 1.0" file.nc

See the first example under:
http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncatted-netCDF-Attribute-Editor

Andrew