Re: [ferret_users] combine data

Hey Seontae,

It's not necessary to glue all your 10 netcdf files into one. You can actually create a description file (say, sst.des) for a series of netcdf files and access them through it in ferret. Here is the script that will create a description file for you (thank Andrew):

http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~atw/ferret/make_des

The code is pretty much self-explaining.

- D.W.

Seontae Kim wrote:

Hi all
I have NetCDF data files which each cover one year with monthly mean variables, namely, mean_1900.nc, mean_1901.nc, ......., mean_1910.nc.
So I want to combine them into one file for a variable with time being continuous.
I mean, I want to make one file covering form 1900 to 1910 for a variable to plot time-longitude figure from 1900 to 1910.

I tried like the below but it did not work.
use mean_1900.nc
save/file=sst.nc/clobber temp
use mean_1901.nc
save/file=sst.nc/append temp
..
..
..
use mean_1910.nc
save/file=sst.nc/append temp

I expected the combined file to have time axis, t=1:120, but the file covers only t=1:12.
Is there anyone help me with it?

Thanks a lot in advance....

========================
Ph.D student
Department of Meteorology
Florida State University
431 Love Building
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4520
Office (850) 644-8578
Cell (850) 459-9043

--

Daiwei (David) WANG	Graduate Student
Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences and