Re: [ferret_users] array subset assignment after smoothing

let hsmo_a = h[x=4:221@shn:7,y=4:142@shn:7]
let hsmo = if hsmo_a then hsmo_a else h

(Actually the dimensions of hsmo1 are always the same as h, but it has blank values at the edges.)

Since the above will likely lead to funny contours at the edges, perhaps a better technique would be to taper the smoothing:
let hsmo7 = h[x=4:221@shn:7,y=4:142@shn:7]
let hsmo5 = h[x=4:221@shn:5,y=4:142@shn:5]
let hsmo3 = h[x=4:221@shn:3,y=4:142@shn:3]

let h1 = if hsmo3 then hsmo3 else h