[ferret_users] Testing individual points within a loop

Ferret Clan:
   I am running into an error when I execute the code below.  I want to
loop through my data points and when one of them meets a certain
condition (if statement), plot that point and continue looping.  There is
an error with how I use the variable "a" however, I believe I have the
proper parenthesis, or bracket listed.

repeat/range=1:50:1/name=a (set data 1;IF `tlat[i=`a`] gt 20.0 and
tlat[i=`a`] lt 21.0` THEN
(plot/vs/size=0.25/color=black/thick=2/nolab/over
jlon[i=`a`],tlat[i=`a`]) ENDIF)

**ERROR: command syntax: tlat[i=
          unclosed quotation, parenthesis, or bracket

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies