Re: [ferret_users]How to replace the figure legends?

Hi Jian,

If you need legend for the time series plot here is what you can do:

use /nolabels qualifier when ploting and then use legline.jnl script

for example:

plot/color=7/nolabels your_data
go legline xsc  ysc  color fs "description of your data"

arguments for the legline are as following

xsc is x starting coordinate for placing the legend in user units
length is the length of the line in units of x axis
ysc is y axis coordinate for placing the legend line
color is color of the line
fs is font size

if your x axis value are from 1960 to 2000 and and y axis are from
0 to 700 then issuing

go legline 1965 5 650  7 .16 "Precipitation"

will result in ploting the line of color 7 (black) in upper left corner with
starting coordinate (1965,650) ending at (1970,650), beside the line with the
fontsize .16 it would be written Precipitation

I hope this helps, but if you google for: "ferret legline" I am sure you will
find more script and descriptions.

With regards,
Goran Georgievski

On Friday 16 September 2005 04:03, Jian Ma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> When plotting a curve, how to replace the legends which always appear at
> the lower left point? The user's guide said there are several scripts, but
> where can I find them?
>
> Any advice is highly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Jian

> Jian Ma
>
> M. S. in Physical Oceanography
> The First Institute of Oceanography
> State Oceanic Administration
> P. R. China
>
> No. 6 Xian-Xia-Ling Road, Qingdao 266061
> Tel: 86-532-88967401
> Fax: 86-532-88967400

Goran Georgievski
ICBM, Physical Oceanography (Theory), University of Oldenburg
PO Box 2503, D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Tel: +49-(0)441-798-4061, Fax: +49-(0)441-798-3404