Re: [ferret_users] Graticules step?

Hi Danish,
            Good suggection !!!! But you can do this if you are ready to
play with few viewports and pplus commands for time axis. Here is an example.

!-------------example.jnl-----------------------------
\ cancel mode verify
  define axis/t="01-JAN-2001:00":"5-JAN-2001:00":1/units=hours/\
           T0="31-DEC-2000:00"/calendar=noleap time
  let tide = sin(t[gt=time]/10)      ! a dummy variable

  define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v1  ! three viewports, differs only in name
  define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v2  !
  define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v3  !

  set view v1            ! first viewport, for making plot and graticules
      ppl txlabp -1      ! time axis label at lower side of the plot
      ppl txnmtc 3       ! three small tics between the large tics (for grat.)
      ppl axset 1,1,1,1  ! draw all 4 axes
      PLOT/THICK=2/VGRAT="LARGE(line,COLOR=red),SMALL(line,COLOR=lightblue)"\
              /set tide  ! with graticule argument
        ppl txtype mon,day    ! month and day labelling on two lines
        ppl txlint 1,1        ! label all the days and month
        ppl txlsze 0.12,0.12  ! font size of all labels set to 0.12
        ppl axlsze 0.12,0.12  !    "
      ppl plot                ! make the plot

  set view v2            ! second viewport, to do the hour tic marking
     ppl txnmtc 23       ! 23 small tics between two large tics
     ppl axset 1,1,0,0   ! draw only the top and bottom time axes
     plot/nolab/set/vlim=0:10 tide*0+10000 ! no plot, only the axes will be drawn
        ppl txlsze 0.0,0 ; ppl axlsze ,0.0 ! no axis labels
        ppl txtype mon,day                 ! the format of time axis
     ppl plot                              ! make the small hourly tic marks

  set view v3            ! third viewport (optional, to get red color for 00hrs)
     ppl txnmtc 0        ! no small tics
     plot/nolab/set/vlim=0:10/VGRAT="SMALL(line,COLOR=red)" tide*0+10000 ! should be like this
        ppl txlsze 0.0,0 ; ppl axlsze ,0.0 ! nolabels on axes
        ppl txtype mon,day                 ! axis format
     ppl plot                              ! draw the red line for 00hrs

Regards,

Jaison