[ferret_users] Graticules step?

Hi everyone,

I try to use graticules this qualifer in my script.
I noticed it follows Large and Small tics.
It means  we need to change tics set to control gradticules.
Is it possible to add an option like "graticules step" to control plot gradticules every n small(or large) tics without control tics itself?
This idea comes with my figures which shows tide level time series.
When I try to add gradticules line every 6 hours but keeps 1 hour small tic to indicate, I found myself having trouble with this!
Any ideas?

dan