Re: [ferret_users] Error when opening nc file

Hi Ansley:

I am using Ferret v5.7. I think I should upgrade to Ferret v5.8 now.

Thanks for your help,

Zhen

At 03:28 PM 9/6/2005, Ansley Manke wrote:
Hi Zhen,
Which version of Ferret are you using? Previous to Ferret v5.8 Ferret could not open files larger than 2 gb, but in Ferret v5.80 this restriction was lifted.

Ansley

zhen.li@gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

Hi Tony:

I think the nc file that I am having trouble to open is just too big. It's 6 gbytes.
I can use GrADs to open it. But, it's not working when using ferret.
Also, "ncks" command failed as well.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there any upper limit for the file size
for ferret?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zhen