Re: [ferret_users] Error when opening nc file

Hi,
Do you run ferret in the good directory ? This error say that ferret does not find your data file. You must have the file in the directory you run ferret with the command "use ocean_month_1991_01.nc".
In an other way, ferret search the data files in the directory defined in the environment variable $FER_DATA.
My $FER_DATA looks like that :
FER_DATA=. /usr/local/ferret/fer_dsets/data /usr/local/ferret/go /usr/local/ferret/examples /usr/local/ferret/contrib
If your data file is in one of these directory, it should work.

Hope this help,
Tony

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony Jolibois

CLS, Direction Océanographie Spatiale
Département Produits et Services
8-10 rue Hermes,
31526 Ramonville-St-Agne, Cedex, France

Email: tjolibois@cls.fr
Tel: (+33) (0) 561 394 797
Fax: (+33) (0) 561 393 782
http://www.cls.fr
http://las.aviso.oceanobs.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zhen.li@gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

Hi All:

When I tried to open a nc file, I got the following error message

"use ocean_month_1991_01.nc
 **TMAP ERR: non-existent or not on line
             ocean_month_1991_01.nc"

I've never seen this type of error before. The nc file was written out
by the same program, i.e, GFDL MOM4, and I have no problem opening
other nc files except this one. This file has more variables.

Does anyone know what the error message meant, and how can I fix the
file?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Zhen