[ferret_users] assigning coordinates to var

Hello,

I am trying to take 100s of files each containing a variable with only a
time dimension and build an XYT gridded file containing all of the data
in the files.  I have the mechanism worked out except for one small (or
maybe huge) problem:  I don't know how to assign a single XY coordinate
to the data in a single file so it will map onto the grid I've made in X
and Y.  In case that's too unclear, here's an example:  say I have a
variable called ANOM such that

 name     title                        I         J           K         L
 ANOM     SD4TEMPAVE - STAVE      ...       ...       ...       1:612

and I've made a grid with X and Y (and T) axes, and I want to regrid
ANOM into that grid specifically at X=17W and Y=45N.  Is there any way
to do that?

Thanks!

Mark