RE: [ferret_users] getting vertical labelling correct on log(P) graph

Hi Ansley

Thanks, yes I did come across those messages but struggled to apply it to my situation.

As a suggestion, would it be useful to expand the standard ferret data to include some IPCC AR4 output, or at least a thinned out version which could be used for generating ferret examples, or illustrating attempts at producing different effects in ferret? The reason why the IPCC data is so useful is that it covers a wide range of data possibilities, both geographically and temporarily, and uses up-to-date netcdf standards. This would have been useful in illustrating my example, without the need to attach figures. And it makes is easier for others to respond to specific queries (as they can just execute the journal script).

And no I’m not necessarily suggesting that we contribute Australian IPCC data (!), it could even be a mix of data from different models.

On a different note, it would be good if all of the compiled external functions could be supplied with ferret distributions, people can easily delete them if they are not necessary, and I think size of the executable distribution is not such an issue (for the convenience it could make to those who struggle compiling the EFs) for most.

Thanks and regards,

Mark.