Re: [ferret_users] How to generate a gridded ncdf file from point data table

Herve,

There are examples within the LAS distribution that show how you can store you data in a simple table in MySQL and use LAS code to extract the data and create visualizations.  Please look here:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/20.html

and also try the following after installing your default LAS (>6.41)

cd las/contrib
make insitu

This will install two tables of scattered points into a new MySQL database and set up LAS to provide access to them.  There should be enough examples there to get you started.

-- Jon

h barrier wrote:
Hello!  (I am  rewording  my  previous request)

My input  is a point data file of quantitative biological data  , in a table (excel or ascii)
     - cols are:    lon, lat, depth, time, var1, var2, ... var50
     -  the number of rows is arbitrary

My  objective is to  feed L.A.S. I understand that I  have to convert  my  data into  my coards-compliant gridded netcdf file ,

This  must  be a very common problem; are there any tools or any examples available?

Thank you  very  much  for any help

- Herve - Rutgers University