Re: [ferret_users] derive bathymetry from 3D temperature data

Hi David,
There is an FAQ which does something similar to what you're describing
How can I show the value of my variable at its deepest depth?

You would need to define a variable lowbox = zboxlo[gz=var]  and use lowbox where the FAQ uses the temperature variable.

( a hint on finding FAQ's, which I always use when I have an inkling that we have something related to a topic -- go to the FAQ's link from the Ferret web page, http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/ferret_FAQ.html  and just use your browswer's search function to look for some likely strings.  I looked for "deep" and found this one.)

Ansley

David Wang wrote:
Hello Ferreters,

I'm going to define a two-dimensional bathymetry field from a three-dimensional temperature dataset (say Levitus climatology). Basically the value of the bathymetry will be set as ZBOXHI of the last grid point of non-missing values downward along the vertical direction. Can I do this in ferret?

Thanks,
- D.W.