Re: [ferret_users] How to generate a gridded ncdf file from point data table

On Aug 17, 2005, at 8:54 AM, h barrier wrote:

Hello!  (I am  rewording  my  previous request)

My input  is a point data file of quantitative biological data  , in a table (excel or ascii)
     - cols are:    lon, lat, depth, time, var1, var2, ... var50
     -  the number of rows is arbitrary

My  objective is to  feed L.A.S. I understand that I  have to convert  my  data into  my coards-compliant gridded netcdf file ,

Would it be possible to serve the data via JGOFS, that should be easy. It would be served as a sequence. Can LAS handle that at this point? I believe that COARDS metadata could be added via a .das file associated with the data set. Need some input from the LAS guys in this regard.

Peter

This  must  be a very common problem; are there any tools or any examples available?

Thank you  very  much  for any help

- Herve - Rutgers University

Peter Cornillon
Graduate School of Oceanography - Telephone: (401) 874-6283
University of Rhode Island - Fax: (401) 874-6728
Narragansett, RI 02882 - E-mail: pcornillon@gso.uri.edu