Re: [ferret_users] discontinuity in the contour

Hi Ashraf,
It's a bit hard to see on your figure just which discontinuities you are talking about.  It looks to me as if they stop at the edges of land masses. A figure with only one variable and land outlines would make it easier to see what the question is about.

Ansley

Ashraf Zakey wrote:
 Obs! There is discontinuity in the Contour made by
Ferret , due to the smoothing, please see the attached
graph. How I can treat this discontinuity in the
contour?

I did the following smoothing:

h_on_p[z=850,i=@sbx:5,j=@sbx:5]
tmp_on_p[z=850,i=@sbx:5,j=@sbx:5]

     Thanks

Ashraf

''~``
                        ( o o )
+------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------+
|                                                     |
|           Ashraf Saber Zakey                        |
|           Department of Chemistry                   |
|           Atmospheric Science group                 |
|           Universty of Gothenburg                   |
|           SE 412 96 Gothenbrg                       |
|           Sweden                                    |
|           e-mail:  zakey@chem.gu.se                 |
|                    ashraf_saber123@yahoo.com        |
|                    .oooO                            |
|                    (   )   Oooo.                    |
                             (_/

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs